As working moms our to-do lists never end. Time for our own well-being seems in short supply but we can find ways to help ourselves carve out the moments that will make a difference.
When it comes to improving your mental and physical health, the key is to schedule and prioritize. Even that can be a challenge.
Below you’ll find some easy tips for putting yourself first—at least once in a while:
- Schedule it in Outlook, just like a meeting.
- Do it early, before the complications of the day sidetrack you.
- Mix it up. If you’re mentally stuck, take a short break (walk, get a healthy snack, talk to a coworker in another discipline) to help reset your mind.
- Find an office partner. Whether it’s a date to jog or to attend a class, you’re more likely to make it happen if you’re accountable to someone else.
- Learn what your company offers. You may not be aware of all your wellness options, so spend a few minutes on the company intranet or make an appointment with a benefits officer.
How do you find me time?