* You feel the start of a headache at the back of your head as if your brain is sending out a warning. “Red alert, red alert! Your brain will commence throbbing in 5.5 seconds if you don’t slow down!”
* You look at your work project list and think that one more task will put you over the top. Then, in comes the boss…
* You are beyond exhausted but think of the 1,001 things you need to do until 3 o’clock in the morning. You can’t turn it off even when you lay down to go to sleep.
* You wonder how other working moms are doing it and if they feel overwhelmed like you do.
* You wonder if it’s possible to do it all and then soon realize you can’t… hence the overdrive feeling you constantly have.
* Your hubby points out in the cutest way possible that the stress line on your forehead is bulging and then tells you to slow down. Thanks honey, point well taken!
And I know I am getting back to my center when…
* I take a deep breath to slow down. Inhale for a 3 second count, exhale for 5 seconds. Repeat!
* I walk away from my desk at work to regain my thoughts. Then I can refocus on how to best prioritize what needs to get done.
* I throw out the home chores and play on the floor with the kiddies.
* I remind myself I can’t get it all done even though I’d be nice to have 5 extra hours in the day.
* I talk with someone about it… call a friend, talk with a co-worker or chat with my hubby. Don’t keep it bottled up.
* I make some chocolate chip cookies with my little guy and eat as many as I want!