Whether it’s something I love or something I would love to leave behind, it is the complete package of time with my family, some great laughs and fond Christmas memories that are truly priceless to me. I was asked what my top 5 keepers for the holiday season and the top things I’d like to leave behind.
Top 5 favorites about the holiday season:
1. Absolutely adore how excited my little guy gets by the sight of holiday lights throughout the neighborhood.
2. Co-workers are usually in the holiday spirit and happier this time of year.
3. Decorating is so much fun and a great creative outlet. This year little guy joined in the good time. We only broke about 4 ornaments, better than last year!
4. The Santa visit is always hilarious. My bet is that my little boo is screaming in the picture this year. Her brother did that 2 years ago.
5. Wrapping gifts. I am not a fancy gift wrapper but there’s something very calming for me when it comes to wrapping gifts. It’s a lot of fun filling up the space under the Christmas tree with gifts for the kiddies.
Now for the things I would love to leave behind…
1. Stress and overwhelm. I am taking to heart my December series “Get Your Holiday Stress In Check” and practicing the tips provided by some fabulous moms this month. Nana Poppins provided some great ways to navigate the holiday stress. And we have two more wonderful mom features to go before the month is over!
2. Would it be possible to eat as much as I want and not gain an ounce of weight this season? Hmmm. Ok, I’ll admit I wish I could leave the holiday weight gain behind so I can indulge in all of the holiday goodies.
3. The money isn’t stretching very far this month. The budget is tight and I mean tight this year. I’ve cut the list as much as possible along with the dollar allotment for each gift on the list. It’s the thought that counts, right?
4. The rush. Whether it’s the hustle of the gift buying or the bustle of the party attending, I am trying to slow it down to savor the moments. Before we know it, the New Year will be here and another holiday season will be gone. So enjoy!
5. Clean-up. Can I snap my fingers and all messes clean-up on their own? The gift wrap will find its way into the recycle bin and the dishes magically load themselves into the dishwasher. Just asking!