- You wake up before the crack of dawn to squeeze in the workout, a cup of coffee, breakfast and rush to get ready before the kiddies wake up.
- You have just a few sets of work clothes in the weekly rotation because trying to be cute or creative just will not happen in the morning.
- You are a bit relieved after daycare drop-off because you know you’ll get a bit time to relax during the commute of all things and before the work day starts rolling.
- You pass on the free cocktails and appetizers after work since you’d rather go home to juice and cracker snacks with your little one.
- You see the cast of Yo Gabba Gabba when you look around the conference room during an all-hands meeting instead of seeing your co-workers.
- You wear your hair in a bun for the third day in the row to work and wonder if other people can tell how dirty it is. Who has the time to wash it?
- You look forward to payday only to use your hard earned money to pay the two daycare bills that are soon to follow.
- You would rather blog about being a working mom than do your work.
- You pass on travel if you can because you’d rather be home with the kids.
- You try to get home as fast as you can after that long day to kiss, hug and love your kiddies because within 12 hours the drill starts over again.
You take a moment to reflect on how lucky you are… juggling it all is tough but you manage to enjoy the special moments, let the stressful ones pass and allow yourself to relax a bit now and then.
Now that’s when you know you are a working mom.