- You wake up before the crack of dawn to squeeze in the workout, a cup of coffee, breakfast and rush to get ready before the kiddies wake up.
- You have just a few sets of work clothes in the weekly rotation because trying to be cute or creative just will not happen in the morning.
- You are a bit relieved after daycare drop-off because you know you’ll get a bit time to relax during the commute of all things and before the work day starts rolling.
- You pass on the free cocktails and appetizers after work since you’d rather go home to juice and cracker snacks with your little one.
- You see the cast of Yo Gabba Gabba when you look around the conference room during an all-hands meeting instead of seeing your co-workers.
- You wear your hair in a bun for the third day in the row to work and wonder if other people can tell how dirty it is. Who has the time to wash it?
- You look forward to payday only to use your hard earned money to pay the two daycare bills that are soon to follow.
- You would rather blog about being a working mom than do your work.
- You pass on travel if you can because you’d rather be home with the kids.
- You try to get home as fast as you can after that long day to kiss, hug and love your kiddies because within 12 hours the drill starts over again.
You take a moment to reflect on how lucky you are… juggling it all is tough but you manage to enjoy the special moments, let the stressful ones pass and allow yourself to relax a bit now and then.
Now that’s when you know you are a working mom.
8 thoughts on “You Know You Are A Working Mom When…”
Great list, and so true! I’m with you – I have no creativity when it comes to my wardrobe. My job makes it easy – track suits at the gym, scrubs for school. I don’t have to think about what to wear! 🙂
The wardrobe! Yep, the easier the better for me, too… I never claimed to be a fashionista but we can still be proud of our own individual style!
i am totally identifying with your list right now. this morning, i woke up at 4:30am because of the cat, managed to get almost ready before she woke up including having picked out my clothes the night before and asked her to sleep a little longer so i could finish getting ready. then the sprint to get out the door began.
i get more phone calls done during the drive between daycare and work than any other time of the day.
Thank you! It’s a list that was tucked away in the archives and it felt right on for how I’m feeling these days. So glad to know we are feeling it together 🙂
Great list and very true. Thank you for stopping by the blog, I’m now following yours. Number 2, absolutely!
I love today’s blog. Cause way too soon, this will all be gone and you will wonder where did all those years go? Believe me I know how time flies in the blink of an eye. Enjoy Mommy time is so fleeting
I love the bullet about the rushing home to have crackers and juice. Oh so true, in a world that used to be cocktails and cheese plates, it’s now all about yogurt melts and diluted apple juice so as to squeeze a few more minutes of time out of the day to be with the wee ones.
My own bullet would be in addition to the wardrobe which would be:
– When you constantly have mysterious food spots on your Dry Clean Only wardrobe which now seems anything but practical.
I love your bullet! And just today I was in a meeting, looked down and there was my little boo’s breakfast on my pants 🙂