Balance was far from the way I would have described the craze last week. It was the first week of the quarter at work. We had many deliverables that came to deadline at the same time. At home, it was even more busy, but I was able to squeeze in an overnight with my hubby and a much needed break!
People are still arguing whether or not to use the word balance because of the blurred lines between professional and personal time these days. However you describe it, below are 5 tips that may help it feel less like a grind and more like a flow.
1) When guilt is a factor in any given week, you can practice Kicking The Guilt Habit. Acknowledge it, turn it around and talk about it with others.
2) If it’s a week with that feeling of so much to do and so little time, I consider how multi-tasking can cause more stress and overwhelm. Multi-tasking: A Good Approach or Misconception
3) On occasion, you may wonder how you can deal with the people at work and still head home to a nice evening with your family. We all play a role in the office culture. I take inventory of me and also take note of others in the office. I call it What’s Your Corporate Personality?
4) Are you feeling like you can’t “find” the time for you? You won’t find it anywhere since you have to make and take that time for yourself. Self-care is not selfish.. it’s self preservation! Create a Self-care Strategy!
5) Remember that everyone is going to have an opinion whether you are interested in it or not. We each have our own set of choices to make for our families and careers. No need to justify and there’s always room to agree to disagree. The Choices We Make as working moms belong to us and we can be proud of them each step of the way!
What tips can you share with us?
Image courtesy of Pexels.