I have been really stressed, not to mention grumpy. It’s that ebb and flow thing I write about every now and then. It’s not about being positive, perky and fabulous 24/7. That would be just annoying, wouldn’t it?
Taking care of the kiddos, work, home and all that falls in between has created overwhelm and exhaustion. A lot of life “stuff” all at once so my writing inspiration has felt, well, fuzzy… The stress shifted into overdrive which really created a lack of focus in any area really. Have you ever felt that way?
I came across a post about a self-care challenge at The Young Mommy Life that I am beginning to think found me. It’s a way to take a look at your life and what you are grateful for presently. It’s pretty easy to get caught up in what feels off and wrong instead of focusing on what is positive and valued.
Self-care Challenge: Write 100 Things You are Grateful For
I thought I would just share 25 from my list and in no particular order. 100 is a lot!
1. My hubby and kids
2. Being employed
3. That spring is already in the air
4. That it’s Friday!
5. New opportunities may be just around the corner
6. My health
7. My family is healthy
8. That my little guy told me I am the best mommy in the world last night
9. My kids’ schools and caregivers are filled loving people
10. That my daily commute is opposite heavy commute traffic flow
11. Coffee in the morning
12. Our animals
13. Good friends
14. A deep gut laugh that makes me cry cracking up
15. The Be Positive Mom Community that can relate to the frazzle factor of being a working mom
16. How Facebook keeps me connected to family living far away
17. Life learning and how much I can learn by being open to the new
18. Supportive people in my life
19. My new pink shirt that brightened things up in my wardrobe
20. Working out in the early morning hours
21. That my cat sits close to me when I write
22. Alone time early in the morning before anyone in the house rises
23. Routines in the morning and evening
24. A solid night of sleep (when I get it!)
25. Dinner time with my family
This challenge is an excellent way to gain some perspective when things feel like they just stink. And at times it can feel like that. No one says it’s peaches and cream all the time after all!
Writing is a great way to get feelings and thoughts out. Even though we are busy and at times overwhelmed, we still have so much to be grateful for in our daily lives.
Go ahead… take the challenge and share with us some of your gratitude!