I still can’t believe that 2012 is coming to an end and so quickly! I was looking at past blog posts, my personal Facebook timeline and pics of the kids only to see how much was packed into the year.
I started thinking about my gratitude and lessons learned this year as I wind down 2012. My list made me smile, laugh and even cry. The things that we can be most grateful for today may have been the hardest lessons we learned from yesterday.
20. The personal travel I experienced this year.
19. The people who drifted in and then out of my life because of the many lessons learned.
18. Watching my hubs grow a garden of crazy, big peppers while teaching our kids about taking care of plants.
17. My hubs continued to teach our son golf techniques and I think our little guy’s golf swing is better than his dad’s now!
16. We celebrated my 20-year high school reunion in August.
15. Our little guy is thriving in Kindergarten.
14. Our kids got to cut down the Christmas tree this year with their uncles and cousins.
13. The times my hubs and I got away to lunch or an overnight weekend kid-free.
12. Coffee. Coffee. Coffee.
11. Our baby girl is growing into a sweet, fun soon-to-be 3 year old. She is one happy chica!
10. Movie night with my mom.
9. Losing my job taught me many things about embracing change, trying something new and following my own path.
8. Meeting the Tori Johnson and Pam Slim at Spark & Hustle.
7. Every year my high school girlfriends meet on Christmas Eve morning for coffee, bagels and champagne. We catch up like we haven’t missed a day together.
6. The possibilities that are just waiting for me in 2013.
5. Blogging! I am so grateful for the connections I have made and how much I have learned from coding websites, social media marketing and creating my vision.
4. Walking my son to school.
3. Family weekends away to visit grandparents and good friends.
2. My family.
1. Peace. For the first time since my sister’s passing, I felt peace during this holiday season. I enjoyed the new traditions, laughed with my kids and loved seeing old friends.
On Christmas Eve I noticed that picture on my girlfriend’s wall that summed up what I am most grateful as the year comes to an end.
What’s on your 2012 gratitude list?