It’s not a new phrase, but it’s one that sometimes gets left behind when we feel overwhelmed.
At times I lose the gratitude and have a bad attitude, the kind that is not productive or positive.
Gratitude is living in a moment or reflecting on an experience with thankfulness and appreciation.
It’s up to me to recognize and acknowledge my own gratitude otherwise, my attitude takes a dive. I see it in others so often. It’s easy to get fixated on all the things that are not going well. Negativity is like a disease. Without deliberate thinking and reaction to life’s ups and downs, it only gets worse. And you can bring others down with you.
- It gives you a different perspective.
- It helps increase the confidence you have in yourself.
- It builds your resilience bank for when you need it.
- It’s a great reminder that life doesn’t need to be perfect to have value and meaning.
- It makes you more positive and good things happen to positive people.
It’s really easy to get started and not a major undertaking. Start with one thought of gratitude a day.
Take out a piece of paper or pull out your iPhone, iPad or whatever you use to create lists.
Jot down something you are grateful for every day.
One thought is all you need and then grow your list of 2-3 things per day.
You start to see so many people and things around you to be grateful for.
Ready for the challenge? Start now!
What are you grateful for today?