Do you have a hobby or activity that fuels your positive vibe? I often hear people complain about things in their lives and I always wonder what they might be doing to feed their souls. We’re all busy. Saying that you’re too busy for this or that is just a self-fulfilling prophecy that leads to the confirmation to do nothing.
The pandemic has changed us all in one way or another. Some people feel recharged while others are struggling to get out of bed. We all have different circumstances we’re managing and taking on new challenges during the biggest challenge of our lives may seem daunting. The littlest of things can help you improve your outlook and the action you take.
Who has time during a pandemic to feed their soul? You do. Yep. You. When you neglect how you feel, many areas of your life also suffer. Your happiness, being content, and feeling grounded can all slide when you don’t focus on yourself. It eventually makes it difficult to focus, be present and enjoy the moments that matter. Maybe you’re just stuck, but there’s always a way to take baby steps that will have a huge impact over time.
Here are a few ways to get out of the rut and nourish your soul.
- Relax. Practice deep breathing or meditation. A few minutes a day can be very calming.
- Give a hug. Get a hug.
- Read a book.
- Go for a walk.
- Play with your dog. Pet the cat. Gaze at the goldfish swimming.
- Volunteer. If it’s not in person, you can volunteer virtually and still make a difference.
- Practice gratitude. Think of something or someone. Be grateful. Jot it down.
- Start or restart the hobby you think about.
- Call a friend and talk it out.
- Sit outside and look up at the stars.
We have so many ways we can nourish the soul. The more we live in the present and admire the beauty around us helps us feel happier and more connected. Ultimately, it helps us regain focus in our lives.
Even though the Covid-19 pandemic is full of uncertainty, we can do little things each day that feed our souls and help us focus on today.
How do you feed your soul?
Image by silviarita from Pixabay.